FloridaRealtors Florida Realtors serves as the voice for real estate in Florida. It provides programs, services, continuing education, research and legislative representation to its 187,000 members in 52 boards/associations.
- Making Referral Money? Fla. Law Oversees How It’s Doneby izaakh on November 30, 2023 at 9:11 am
Brokers and associates take note: Referrals – a lead you give to agents outside your area in return for a fee – are a great way to make extra money, but Florida law has clear guidelines on how you can legally receive a payment.
- Dear Shannon: An End-of-Year MLS Updateby izaakh on November 30, 2023 at 9:11 am
An MLS director wants recommendations for things to do by the end of 2023, and one task they should consider is confirming a required notice has been done.
- Need a Good Lawyer? Where Do You Look?by izaakh on November 30, 2023 at 7:11 am
Florida Realtors Legal Hotline often tells callers that their situation requires the services of a lawyer. But how do you find a lawyer? And how can you be sure you hired a good one?
- 90K Citizens’ Policies Shift to Private Insurersby kerrys on November 29, 2023 at 9:11 am
For the second month in a row, private insurers took more than 90,000 policies from the Citizens Property Insurance Corp., the state-run “insurer of last resort.”
- Feds Hope for ‘Soft Landing’ After 3Q Growthby kerrys on November 29, 2023 at 9:11 am
U.S. consumer spending – coupled with easing inflation and resilient hiring in the third quarter – raises hopes for a soft landing to offset a possible recession.
- FHA Releases 2024 Loan Limitsby kerrys on November 29, 2023 at 9:11 am
For a one-unit Single Family Title II forward mortgage, the base limit will be $498,257 and go as high as $1,149,825 in selected areas of Fla.
- Fed’s Waller: Interest Rates to Remain Steadyby kerrys on November 29, 2023 at 9:11 am
Federal Reserve Gov. Christopher Waller signaled confidence in the slowing economy, saying inflation is slowly moving in the right direction.
- Florida’s Business Rent Tax Drops 1% on Dec. 1by kerrys on November 29, 2023 at 9:11 am
Fla.’s business rent tax, now 5.5%, drops to 4.5% on Friday. Florida Realtors advocates for a complete elimination of the tax and sees this step as a significant victory.
- Resolution to Get Leads in 2024? How to Do Itby kerrys on November 29, 2023 at 8:11 am
Every agent goes after low-hanging fruit – successful ones climb the tree. Try hosting a how-to webinar, increasing virtual networking or creating custom graphics.
- U.S. Consumer Confidence Bounces Back in Nov.by kerrys on November 28, 2023 at 9:11 am
After three monthly declines, the measure of Americans’ attitudes increased to 102.0 in Nov. from Oct.’s 99.1, largely due to an upswing in attitudes about the future.