FloridaRealtors Florida Realtors serves as the voice for real estate in Florida. It provides programs, services, continuing education, research and legislative representation to its 187,000 members in 52 boards/associations.
- Fla.’s April Housing Market Strong, Reflects 2020 COVID-19 Impactby kerrys on May 21, 2021 at 9:05 am
Florida Realtors’ data: April had more closed sales, more new pending sales and higher median prices (up 22.4% for single-family homes, 19.6% for condos) than a year ago. Pres. Lambert says, “keep in mind the comparison data comes from April 2020 when Fla. was experiencing the full impact of the pandemic.”
- U.S. Borders With Canada, Mexico Restricted Through June 21by kerrys on May 21, 2021 at 9:05 am
Fla. real estate’s top source for international business faces visiting restrictions for at least another month. Until then, only trade and essential travel is allowed.
- NAR: U.S. Existing-Home Sales Drop 2.7% in Aprilby kerrys on May 21, 2021 at 8:05 am
It’s the third monthly decline in a row. NAR cites the lack of inventory for the slowdown, as well as the increase in median price to $341,600, up 19.1% year-to-year.
- Tech Making Website Accessibility Easier for the Disabledby kerrys on May 21, 2021 at 8:05 am
As businesses struggle to make websites accessible for disabled users, technology continues to help on the other end, creating new tools those users can tap for help.
- HUD to Investigate Alleged Racial Bias in Indiana Home Appraisalsby kerrys on May 21, 2021 at 8:05 am
An Indiana woman in a largely Black neighborhood says comp selections affected her appraised value. As a result, advocates say blind testing will be done more often.
- Text Tips: How to Engage Both Leads and Clientsby kerrys on May 21, 2021 at 8:05 am
Texting is common today – but also effective for marketing. Expect each text to be read, but keep content concise and reply quickly even if you don’t have an answer yet.
- Opportunity Zones: How Have They Done During the Pandemic?by marlam on May 20, 2021 at 9:05 am
Overall, rising home prices lifted all boats. Homes in Opportunity Zones had first quarter price increases pretty much matched by homes in more affluent areas.
- NAR Study: Membership Hits Record High and 79% Staying Putby marlam on May 20, 2021 at 9:05 am
NAR had 1.48M Realtor members at the end of 2020, up from 1.4M one year earlier, and 4 out of 5 (79%) plan to stay in the profession at least two more years. Realtors with 16 years-plus experience made $75K, down from 2019’s $86.5K – but 1 in 4 members made $100K or more.
- Days-ed and Confused: Time Provisions in FAR/BAR Contractsby kerrys on May 20, 2021 at 4:05 am
- 29% of Sellers Think Home Is Worth Less than Asking Priceby kerrys on May 19, 2021 at 9:05 am
Most sellers list for personal reasons, but a survey found that 1 in 4 (24%) who plan to list within the next 12 months are doing it because of the profit potential, with 53% expecting to get their asking price and 24% anticipating more. And 25% expect to have an offer within one week.